Your home: the backdrop for life’s precious moments

Home Insurance

A home can be the largest purchase of your life, so it’s important to make sure you have proper insurance coverage on your biggest asset. You want to make sure you have the right amount of coverage to rebuild, repair, and replace your home in the event of an accident.

Homeowner’s insurance is often paid through your mortgage, and you don’t see the increasing rates. As an independent agency, we can make sure to find the best packaged policy for you.

There are 5 main coverages on your homeowner’s policy:


This coverage is for the actual structure of your home and anything permanently attached to it (such as solar panels, ceiling fans, cabinets, etc). In the event of a fire or water loss, this coverage pays to replace or rebuild your home.

Other Structures

If you have any structures that are detached from your home – fences, shed, detached garage, pool – this covers you in the event of a loss to one of those structures.


This covers your personal belongings in the home, which is anything not permanently attached to the home – furniture, electronics, appliances, etc. There are specific limits to high valued items such as jewelry, firearms, artwork, and collectibles.

Tools and toolbox lying on flood damaged floor

Loss of Use

If you are displaced from your home due to a covered claim, this coverage will help pay your expenses while your home is being repaired. This can include hotel/extended stay lodging, clothing, and food, depending on the claim. Some companies provide a maximum dollar limit and some will provide a time limit, typically 12-24 months.


This limit will pay out if someone gets hurt on your property and you are found negligent. Some of the most common cases are dog bites and pool injuries. This coverage includes litigation, if necessary. Typically, for less than $50 a year, you can have $500,000 limits, and we always recommend this coverage.

Do you rent the home or apartment you live in?

Renters insurance will help you cover your personal property and liability. While you aren’t responsible to cover the structure you live in, it’s important to cover your personal property in the event of a fire, water damage, etc. Your landlord doesn’t have coverage for your personal property!

Are you a landlord renting out your home or condo?

Your property should have adequate coverage for your dwelling and minimum coverage for your personal belongings, unless you left the property fully furnished for your tenants. It’s also important that you have high liability limits in the event that someone gets hurt on your property. Being the homeowner, you are ultimately responsible.

Has anyone spoken to you about personal umbrella coverage?

For a very minimal cost, this coverage will provide you an additional minimum of $1 million in liability protection over your assets, such as your vehicle and cars. If you own your home, you should consider having an umbrella policy.

Call our team today at 702-529-2550 and ask for a free quote to add on a liability umbrella policy.